MARTIAL ARTS

{R}EVOLUTION

No styles, no systems, no rituals, no lineages, no masters, no labels, no belts, no katas, no uniforms, no dogmas;

Only the process of self actualization & personal expression of truth through functional combative movement and fitness.

On a purely physical level, we share how to individually and collectively use all of our natural tools as well as extended ones, offensively and defensively in a strategic and tactical manner and in all ranges of combat.

We're put through functional physical fitness training where we learn to push ourselves through our own perceived limitations. We also have much to offer on nutrition, health and optimum performance.

On a more cerebral level we learn about the psychology of violence, fear, stress & confrontation management skills, deescalation strategies and holistic survival tactics.

As the mind navigates the body; by challenging personal self defense dogmas and individual & core belief systems, personal growth and evolution occurs.

On a human level, we learn about the ripple effect and the moral, legal, and ethical consequences of our chosen actions while self examining our darkest emotions. We are encouraged to question everything, to learn to think for ourselves, to be more accountable and research everything we learn and to be open and responsive to life without judgment.

On a personal level, the training can make you face and slay your own demons.

Everything shared here is highly encouraged to be individually researched, to “absorb what is useful, add what is specifically of your own and disregard the rest.”

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another Life Changed:

This is why we do what we do and continue on doing:

From Shane Harper - June 24 at 10:32pm
"Hey man,

I'm Shane Harper, I took your Fundamentals of Personal Protection seminar and am going into my second year of Police Technology. I'm sure you get a lot of fan mail and stuff but I still felt like an extra thumbs up couldn't hurt ;)

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the field of work I've chosen and it's constant ups an downs, but I guess that's life. But now a couple of months after taking that seminar with you, I've realized how those five hours have really made a difference in the way I live my life. Honest, those were some of the wisest words I've heard and I thank you for what you do.

As you said, even if you only reach a few, at least you did reach those people. There is one particular quote I'll never forget:

"If someone gives you a bowl of shit and tells you it's cherries... please; don't eat it knowing damn well it's shit but saying oh ya, mmm, these are good cherries."

Serioulsy, I'm carrying that one with me for as long as I am who I am. I can't remember a time apart from that seminar where I sat there and thought that these are the closest words to reality I've heard.

Anyways bro, I'm going around in circles here but it's just that somehow, words don't quite fully explain what it is that your work has done for me in that short time, and surely for thousands of others. You're an icon of perseverance and there are not too many people I ''admire'', but I admire the brilliance of Senshido and the gift you have of passing on its assests.

If it wasn't for the distance and the money, I for sure would have liked to go further with this. You should come back and have another seminar for us. It's not something that can get old. It changed me for the better. Anyways, hope all is well and that you're birthday was memorable. Take it easy and thanks for your time.

Sincerely,
Harp"
Senshido has become a world wide Movement for the betterment of humanity using personal protection as the vehicle and it's working wonders as our world wide Team get emails and testimonials like this regularly. It never gets old, on the contrary, they inspires us to push even harder as no amount of money on earth could ever replace receivng this kind of 'Thank You'.


* (Caveat: ....and um yeah... as for the quote Shane retained... it was in context and there was allot more to the seminar than the um... the cherries quote... matter of fact, it was the first time I'd ever said that particular line in a seminar as all my seminars, though similar in content are generally taught differently depending on the audience. Glad it had an impact though. :`)

No comments:

Post a Comment