MARTIAL ARTS

{R}EVOLUTION

No styles, no systems, no rituals, no lineages, no masters, no labels, no belts, no katas, no uniforms, no dogmas;

Only the process of self actualization & personal expression of truth through functional combative movement and fitness.

On a purely physical level, we share how to individually and collectively use all of our natural tools as well as extended ones, offensively and defensively in a strategic and tactical manner and in all ranges of combat.

We're put through functional physical fitness training where we learn to push ourselves through our own perceived limitations. We also have much to offer on nutrition, health and optimum performance.

On a more cerebral level we learn about the psychology of violence, fear, stress & confrontation management skills, deescalation strategies and holistic survival tactics.

As the mind navigates the body; by challenging personal self defense dogmas and individual & core belief systems, personal growth and evolution occurs.

On a human level, we learn about the ripple effect and the moral, legal, and ethical consequences of our chosen actions while self examining our darkest emotions. We are encouraged to question everything, to learn to think for ourselves, to be more accountable and research everything we learn and to be open and responsive to life without judgment.

On a personal level, the training can make you face and slay your own demons.

Everything shared here is highly encouraged to be individually researched, to “absorb what is useful, add what is specifically of your own and disregard the rest.”

Monday, March 22, 2010

Sydney Australia Cranbrook High School Camp "Defusing Violence" workshops



I just returned from Australia where I had the pleasure and honour of being a guest speaker at Sydney's prestigious Cranbrook high school camp for the second year in a row. Also joining me this year as one of the guest speakers was Origin of Energy (http://www.originofenergy.com) founder Aaron Mckenzie who I deem to be simply one of, if not the most knowledgeable individual’s I have ever met on the subject of health, nutrition and fitness.

Over the last couple of years I have been concentrating my efforts on working with several international women’s movements and schools as Senshido’s focus has always been, as a good old friend once put it, to “out-birth” violence. Providing much more than the average ‘self defense’ seminars, we have created an international movement for peace, unity and co-existence changing lives worldwide and combining forces with several international organizations such as Girls Gone Gorgeous (http://www.g3expressyourself.com/wordpress/?p=700), AWTAD (http://www.awtadegypt.org/) and Origin of Energy to reach people the world over in the hopes of making this world a better and safer place.

Here are what some of those we have reached had to say:

“Hey Rich,
I’m Jye, I was lucky enough to have you for a few hours today and found your talks really great, I understanding how they are life changing and I’m pretty sure all the boys thought the same.Your life story is amazing and how someone can just turn it around, and keep their passion but use it for good and share their experiences with kids like us, is just great and I look up to that heaps, so thanks again, I’ll keep you in mind if I ever have an problems. Thanks again.”


“Hey Rich,

Just a quick note to let you know I really appreciated you coming extremely jet-lagged to our school - I know for a fact my parents loved it and my friends as well.I'm not sure if you can remember but after the last seminar I saw you at, I told you that you were different in a positive perspective. Well about a year later and you have changed again. You are no longer just a person; you’re a symbol of peace (and not just the Shredder machine!). You must have gone through some major life changes, and that camp idea sounds like it could help people to get the same results you have.I hope you’re proud of yourself and all that you have accomplished. You said you have done allot of bad stuff but I can assure you, it is definitely out-weighed by the amazing stuff you do and you are making this world a better place. All the best, and keep me up to date with how things go!


Peace.

Laura”

It is testimonials like these that we receive weekly which continue to inspire me and forge on with the work that we do, the countless lives changed for the better and the overall improvement through the ripple effect of our work worldwide. Something I feel and strongly believe we couldn’t do by simply sticking to the reality based self defence system I gave birth to back in 1994… I forgot who said the following but I couldn’t agree more: “Those who oppose change, reject evolution.” Evolution was imminent for Senshido… from a reality based self defence system to a worldwide legacy project.

Thank you to one and all who helped us get here.

Peace,
Rich



No comments:

Post a Comment