MARTIAL ARTS

{R}EVOLUTION

No styles, no systems, no rituals, no lineages, no masters, no labels, no belts, no katas, no uniforms, no dogmas;

Only the process of self actualization & personal expression of truth through functional combative movement and fitness.

On a purely physical level, we share how to individually and collectively use all of our natural tools as well as extended ones, offensively and defensively in a strategic and tactical manner and in all ranges of combat.

We're put through functional physical fitness training where we learn to push ourselves through our own perceived limitations. We also have much to offer on nutrition, health and optimum performance.

On a more cerebral level we learn about the psychology of violence, fear, stress & confrontation management skills, deescalation strategies and holistic survival tactics.

As the mind navigates the body; by challenging personal self defense dogmas and individual & core belief systems, personal growth and evolution occurs.

On a human level, we learn about the ripple effect and the moral, legal, and ethical consequences of our chosen actions while self examining our darkest emotions. We are encouraged to question everything, to learn to think for ourselves, to be more accountable and research everything we learn and to be open and responsive to life without judgment.

On a personal level, the training can make you face and slay your own demons.

Everything shared here is highly encouraged to be individually researched, to “absorb what is useful, add what is specifically of your own and disregard the rest.”

Friday, March 4, 2011

As more lives change....



Canada Self Defense - Weekend With Rich Dimitri, Senshido Founder, Part 1
Toronto, Canada, March 3, 2011 - In this Canada self defense blog I would like to discuss my recent experiences with Rich Dimitri, Founder of Senshido.  This past weekend about 18 people experienced "self defense" with one of the World's Leading Reality Based Self Defense instructors.  Rich Dimitri is the founder of Senshido which means "Way of a 1000 Warriors".  I made a lot of notes in order to write this blog, but I think I will freestyle it with my thoughts.  In fact, I am going to make this a two part blog with Part 1 focusing on Rich Dimitri, The Man!.   
FOR MORE OF THE ARTICLE, PLEASE VISIT SAFE INTERNATIONAL

AS THE RIPPLE EFFECTS GROW...
"Hey, I know your busy so don't read this till you have time, its not super important. 
I just want you to know that everything you teach is real. The whole gross motor deal (which my books say 80% retention vs 10-15% for fine) is true, the whole verbal diffusion/distraction/deflection is true, the whole shredder concept is true, the whole don't become hyper-focused and miss opportunities is true. Its all true.

When I first trained with you, I was just a kid. Now I'm training with Wes and I've got my bac in Kinesiology and my masters in Physiotherapy and I'm seeing the entire process from the other side and everything you ever said about physiology and psychology is true. Never stop. You have found a piece of truth. The worst thing people do with that is to continue on as if nothing happened! Keep teaching the truth."
- Guy Razi


"Hello, I just finished your course this past weekend. I wanted to say, that firstly I'm STILL sore lol... and secondly I'm STILL talking about everything to every single person I come in contact with. Your course was awesome. I really worried that I wouldnt be able to handle all the coordination and memorization and Shredding was neither of those things!!! Im already feeling more confident in my day to day life becuse of your course. so thank you!" - Lauren McBride 


"One of the things that stuck with me most:

There are no winners in a fight, only survivors. Regardless of who comes out on top, people's lives are affected. So take a step back, stay humble and don't be so quick to prove that you are the 'good guy.' We are all capable of the evil which we hate." - Tiffany Côté


"Richard Dimitri=self defense king. I've only picked up disc (DVD) one so far and I've been disecting it like crazy can't wait for more. Peace" ~ Rico Tarbert

No comments:

Post a Comment